Friday, February 19, 2010

Little Pearl Geode Necklace


So, I'm loving this new Geode Necklace that I've just listed in our Etsy Store. It is just so gorgeous and earthy. And, it is LONG...which I love! I've designed this necklace using this fantastic Geode that I aquired from the Science Museum in Cleveland, Ohio (you can find the blog post in our archives about our trip). I picked this particular Geode because I just love the earthy tones combined with this gorgeous Amethyst Purple color. The Geode is hand drilled and hand wrapped creating a pendant. I attached a simple open and decorative Gold Matte Leaf directly on top of the Geode. Because it is an open Leaf...you can still see the gorgeous colors of the Geode while drawing attention and adding interest to the pendant. I loved the way it looked, but, it was still missing something and I found some Freshwater Pearls that I've had in my stash of beads for some time and thought it would look perfect! The Freshwater Pearl is Handwrapped with a ball end gold straight pin and attached to the front of the Geode. The Freshwater pearl definitely kept that nature inspired earthy theme going and was the perfect compliment to the design.

I decided that this pendant had to be worn LONG. And, since I love the long look...it worked out better than I had planned. The Geode Pendant is secured to gold chain and finished with a gold Lobster Clasp. It is the perfect length laying just under the chest.

Find out more about this necklace and our designs at:

Stay up on the latest news and listings from Love Designs and become a FAN on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/LoveDesigns

Please leave a comment below!!!!

2 comments: