Friday, February 12, 2010

Ladybug Inspired Seaglass Jewelry



Not too long ago, I was approached by a friend of ours asking that we custom design a seaglass necklace and matching bracelet. This was her request:

"Hi ladies! I wanted to see if you could make me a necklace...with a silver ladybug charm and with a piece of white/clear seaglass. And then a matching bracelet with a ladybug charm? I want it to be something small and simple, something that I could wear anyday."

Well, I cannot pass up any challenge...so, I said "We could definitely manage that one. How soon do you need it?" And, after searching for that elusive, simple, and perfect ladybug charm...I found the perfect one! You would be surprised at how few there are to choose from and how difficult it is to find just a simple, cute, ladybug charm. My fellow Etsians never let me down and I did indeed find the perfect one.

So, this is what I designed for my friend. We took a medium piece of GENUINE beach glass found off the shore or Lake Erie near Cleveland Ohio. It is a gorgeous piece by the way...oval, smooth, and well tumbled. We hand drilled a hole at the top and secured the little ladybug charm to the glass with non tarnish silver wire making a pendant. The pendant is secured to Sterling Silver Cable Chain and finished with a Sterling Silver Lobster Clasp.

The matching bracelet was a bit of a challenge. My friend wanted it simple. So, the challenge was how to take a simple ladybug charm and make a simple bracelet that you could wear everyday and still look beautiful. So, I used a simple Sterling Silver Round Link and secured the Ladybug Charm to it making this the centerpiece of the bracelet. Sleek and beautiful Sterling Silver Flat Cable chain is secured to the link and the bracelet is finished with a Decorative Swirl Sterling Silver Clasp.

This is what our friend had to say about her jewelry:

"I asked the ladies of Love Designs to create a necklace and bracelet, that I could wear everyday, that had a silver Ladybug charm and on the necklace to also have a seaglass piece. The Ladybug is a precious reminder of a very special person in my family who has passed away. I wear a piece of jewelry, everyday, that is a physical reminder of her. I usually wear silver, but, had never been able to find a silver ladybug, so the fact that Love Designs was able to come up with a very pretty, delicate and sophisticated way to put this all together, is very meaningful to me. Thank you ladies! It is beautiful!"

Thank you Jennifer, for allowing us to create these very special pieces of jewelry for you! It was our pleasure to help you in remembering this very special lady who passed away and carries a special place in your heart by creating a gentle reminder that you can keep close to you always until you see her again.

If you would like us to create custom keepsake jewelry, please contact us at lovescreation@windstream.net.
Become a FAN of Love Designs on facebook at:
Please leave a comment below!

4 comments:

  1. It is a gorgeous design. I just love incorporating nature with the beach glass :) I think I will re-create this one! thank you for your kind comments!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete