Thursday, October 29, 2009

Custom Seaglass Designs





"Everytime we walk along the beach, some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war."
~Loren Eiseley
I just want to takea minute and share with you a passion that Hannah and I share with many of our customers...a passion for scavenging the beach for lost treasures and little pieces of sparkling glass that has been carefully tumbled and washed ashore by powerful waves and moving water! I am finding that many of our customers pick up these tiny treasures and hold on to them as tiny keepsakes of the memories that were made on family vacations and of the fun they had with friends and family playing on the beach. These are special memories of times of laughing, relaxing, and letting our everyday worries fade away with the sound of the seagulls and crashing waves. There is something powerful and special about this creation of water and sand. It calls out to us, draws us near, and reminds us that there is something more powerful, tranquil, and comforting here...it reminds us something bigger than ourselves....of a Creator, who created the earth and everything in it.
My sister and I love designing special pieces for our customers especially when what we design brings back the precious memories that they hold on to. Just recently, I had the opportunity to design some pieces for a friend that I recently got back in touch with on Facebook. Sherry and her sister found some very special pieces of glass off the coast of Lake Erie near Cleveland Ohio and asked me make her and her sister seaglass rings and her Mom a seaglass necklace. These pieces of glass were especially rare...one was a large piece of Pink Seaglass. Only one in ten thousand pieces of glass found on the beach are the color of pink. The other two were a Seafoam color, which was a large size, and also an Emerald color. Not only did they have a great time finding these pieces, they also created wonderful memories of their time together on the beach. I was more than happy to design these pieces for Sherry and her family and I think the result is beautiful. Here are some pictures of the jewelry that I designed for her and her family and what Sherry had to say about the final result!
"Hi Joy! I couldn't wait to give my Mom her necklace! She LOVES it! It looks so beautiful on her and it also has a lot of meaning to it. She took my sister's ring down to her in NC this week. My sister called this morning and said it was more beautiful than she thought! Thank you so much-these mean so much to us!"
Thanks so much Sherry! Designing these pieces was our pleasure! We love designing seaglass jewelry and it means a lot to us that not only are we doing something that we love...we are helping our customers keep their memories close at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment